Saturday, June 09, 2007

It's Been Almost A Week?

Wow, life goes fast, huh? I have been extremely busy trying to make budget, do homework, plan for tonight's big graduation party, work in the yard, etc etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got to see my bud Ken Dillon last night and his lovely Tanis. I bequeathed Ken all of my show prep materials from the past ten years. It was great to see Ken (who is in town for the big Mo Broadcasters Convention) and his partner on the radio and the respective Mrs' (es). I am very envious of Ken. He does mornings in his hometown and uses his position to be a part of the community. That would be one of the very few scenarios that I would think about getting back into that business, if I could find a morning slot in a smaller town that believes in being local. I don't think they exist much anymore. You go, Kenny, I am so very proud of you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't follow the NBA much. The only time I really care is when the league hits the playoffs. I am a big Spurs fan. I think Tim Duncan is one of the most fundamentally sound players ever. If you notice Tim, no tattoos or markings and he always uses the backboard. They ran a clinic the other night with Tony Parker taking the lead. Gregg Popovich has won three titles and no one seems to notice, that must be because they are not in LA, New York or Chicago. Spurs in five. Not yet, LeBron, not yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KMOX interviewed Ian Gillan on Thurday and it was thrilling to hear. Charlie Brennan did a great job and I am pleased that we are doing stuff like that. Heck, I'm over 50 and Deep Purple was one of the bands that got me through high school. I even heard the words "Black Sabbath" from a caller on KMOX. Zounds!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of KMOX, we did our Family Fishing Day today and the place was packed! I can't wait for next year, becuase now I have a better idea how to sell it!. Selling is hard but I am hanging in there and slowly but surely, putting some numbers on the board. Going to Edwardsville this week to drum up some business for our "Good Spirits Festival" on the 23rd. "Groovethang" is playing and they are one of my favorite local bands.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mass tomorrow, then I am going to the Cardinals game. Great seats and maybe I can bring home a win. It is going to be a long year, I'm afraid. Drive to Shrewsbury, hit the Metrolink and away we go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I try not to get too political on this blog (I know no one's mind is affected by what I scribble), but
I can NOT believe Dick Cheney spoke at the graduation ceremonies at West Point. Dick Cheney is a draft dodger. HE DID NOT SERVE! He had "other commitments" but yet has no problem sending others to die. Just my opinion but I believe he is an evil man who always looks like he is hiding something.

Beautiful day here in St. Louis, perfect for outside work in the yard, which was fruitful. Blessings to all who read this; may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't always agree w/ him , but Charlie Brennen certainly is a top notch talent . His is one of the few radio shows in StL I think is worth listening to . Of course KMOX
has the majority of shows on that list . I don't care so much for their news dept. but between Charlie and John Carney they do alot of things right at KMOX . To me KMOX is one of the few REAL radio stations left in this country .

Brian Holland said...

Actually, Tim Duncan does have a tattoo--I spotted one peeking out from his uniform on his right shoulder blade the other night--but point well taken. You don't hear about TD getting arrested for beating up his wife or shooting up some strip club or whatever, let alone whining about having to practice or wanting to be traded all the time. Classy player on a classy team, and I have a soft spot for all the former ABA teams. Too bad the St. Louis Spirits didn't survive...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking