Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Friend Maureen


On the way back from going east on Sunday, I met with a young lady who is a niece of the Notre Dame family that we always stay with when we head to South Bend. They always let us stay at their home free of charge, so we have saved thousands of dollars by knowing these wonderful people. Maureen is about to go through a year of Interferon treatment for her melanoma. I have taken this drug and this will not be a garden party for her. Since I am becoming a whiz at texting, I will send her one text a day that says "keep walking". The way I look at it, you can only walk into the swamp so far and then you start walking out of the swamp, boots filled with mud, step after step, minute by minute, hour by hour. It's a long journey, but one that is navigable. I know, I stand before you today.
"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking