Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (again)




A couple of weeks ago, our midday guy Charlie Brennan was interviewing Peter Tork of The Monkees and Charlie made a stink about The Monkees not being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I like Charlie and sometimes I think he does stuff like this just to get a rise out of people. If The Monkees go in before Three Dog Night, The Doobie Brothers, The Moody Blues, Chicago Neil Diamond, The Band or even Paul Revere and The Raiders, I will officially give away my albums. That would be a travesty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy, I love my Monkees, but I will wholeheartedly agree with you. I think the Raiders should absolutely be in the Hall, so should the others before the Monkees-- although they Monkees do have their place in the Hall. There are a lot of curious omissions. Flo & Eddie, for one. How does Donna Summer get nominted and the Moodies don't? www.timisfunny.com

Brian Holland said...

Well, you already know how I feel about Da Raidas, but I think you can make a case for The Monkees too--certainly moreso than you can for this year's list of nominees. Madonna, Mellencamp, Chic and the Beastie Boys?!? I feel another rant coming on at my blog! The only nominee among this year's class that even worth a look is the Dave Clark Five...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking