Thursday, October 04, 2007

Clint Hurdle

This is how I remember Clint Hurdle. Clint came to the Royals in 1978 allegedly having more tools than George Brett. He was quicker, faster, etc. For reasons that I don't want to get into, I know that life was pretty tough for Clint. There are certain things a man should never have to defend. Clint and I had a few in our days in KC. He worked nights and so did I. He was gone from the Royals very quickly and faded away until this year. Clint is the manager of the Colorado Rockies, who now hold a 2-0 lead over the Phillies after taking two of two in Philadelphia. Nice work. I always liked Clint and I am rooting for him. His bench coach, Jamie Quirk is another great guy back from the early eighties version of the Royals. Those teams were in the playoffs year after year. There is hope for us all. Even though Ryan Howard of the Phils is from St. Louis, I am pleased that Clint is enjoying life.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking