Friday, October 19, 2007

Don Daniels


What you are about to read is what us radio people know as ratings. This is for the Kansas City market. This is what we call the summer "book". The bible that is Arbitron. My point is take a look at who made the one of the largest gains.

#30 Kansas City, MO
Updated 10/19/2007
Summer '07 ARBITRON Quarterly Report
12+ Mon-Sun, 6a-12mid
Pop: 1,553,300
Station Format Owner Fall 06 Win 07 Spr 07 Sum 07
KPRS Urban Carter 6.7 6.4 6.5 7.4
KCMO Classic Hits Cumulus Partners 4.5 5.6 4.7 5.7
KFKF Country Wilks 4.1 5.2 5.4 5.2
KMXV Top 40/M Wilks 4.0 4.5 4.7 5.2
KMBZ-A News Entercom 5.1 4.8 5.8 5.0

Yeah, that would be KCMO FM programmed by one of the best in the business, Don Daniels. Don hired me in 2002 to do mornings at KCFX (the flagship station of the Chiefs). His philosophy was very forward thinking at the time. Maybe ahead of his time. When I walked in the door, he said basically..."you know what you are doing, now go do it...we'll meet everyday but you da man." The morning show went from 12th to 6th in about a little longer than a year. New management comes in, Don is transferred and not long after that I am gone. How I miss working for a guy like that. I tip my cap and take a drink for Don Daniels (not his real name) and the love and admiration he inspires in his people. He is successful because he believes in one simple rule..treat others as you would want to be treated. I would work in Bozeman Montana just to work for him again. Congratulations, my brother!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking