Friday, November 30, 2007

Bravo Billy Joel


BILLY JOEL has passed along his latest composition, "CHRISTMAS In FALLUJAH," to emerging artist CASS DILLON. DILLON's rendition of the song -- produced by TOMMY BYRNES and JAY BAUMGARDNER and recorded with members of JOEL's ensemble -- will be available for purchase exclusively on the ITUNES STORE beginning TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4th. Net proceeds from "CHRISTMAS in FALLUJAH" will be donated to "Homes For Our Troops," a nonprofit organization that builds specially adapted homes for service members returning from IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN with severe disabilities. BILLY JOEL is an avid supporter of the organization. JOEL wrote "Christmas In Fallujah" earlier this year as a response to letters he's received from soldiers in Iraq, men and women who've found solace, inspiration and comfort in his songs. "I didn't feel I was the person to sing this song," said JOEL of the decision to work with DILLON, 21. "I thought it should be somebody young, about a soldier's age. I wanted to help somebody else's career. I've had plenty of hits. I've had plenty of airplay. I've had my time in the sun. I think it's time for somebody else, maybe, to benefit from my own experience."For more information, please go to www.homesforourtroops.org .
Damn, how cool. Way to go Billy, you have just cemented my respect. His time is done and he passes the torch to the next generation. I salute you, Mr. Joel.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking