Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sad News

James Brolin's Ex Recovering After Naked Traffic Accident
The ex-wife of Barbra Streisand's husband James Brolin is recovering in hospital after a bizarre traffic accident. Actress Jan Smithers, a star of beloved TV sitcom WKRP In Cincinnati, was driving naked when she stopped for help after her car broke down on a remote California highway in the middle of the night. She was hit by a truck after the driver caught sight of the 58-year-old waving him down too late. She has been recovering from her injuries ever since the September accident, but family members fear her health issues might be more than a few broken bones. A family friend tells the National Enquirer she fears Smithers suffered a mental breakdown following the death of her father. The pal says, "Everyone thinks Jan felt abandoned and snapped - a complete meltdown."
Ironically, police called to the scene of the accident found nothing wrong with her car and are puzzled as to why the actress stopped for help. Smithers can't remember anything about the accident or why she was driving naked in the middle of the night.
She and Brolin wed in 1985 and had one daughter, Molly, together. They divorced in 1995, three years before the actor wed Streisand.

I always thought this was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I pray for her and her family. Apparently, losing her daughter to college and the death of her father was pretty hard on her. I can relate. Here's hoping she's OK.

2 comments:

Brian Holland said...

Oh, dear--how awful. Although I was always more of a Loni Anderson guy (in terms of looks), I thought the Baily Quarters character was far more likeable and interesting. Let's hope Jan is able to regroup and get on with her life.

Ken Dillon said...

Wow. I had NO idea this happened. Didn't make any of my prep sheets!

I agree with you on Smither's looks...she was ALWAYS hotter to me than Loni Anderson. I like 'em more natural, and not fake.

I, too, hope she can resolve her issues.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking