Saturday, January 19, 2008

Advertisements That Wouldn't Quite Fly Today


Innocence is sexy. But not if she looks like she's EIGHT!!!

Uh...there is only one guy who has both hands visible, and he seems to be having way too much fun.

I am thinking 1960 or so, huh?



Today, he'd have a harrassment suit slapped on him so fast, it'd make his head spin.























If you look at the fine print on the cola ad, it reads "Laboratory tests over the last few years have proven that babies who start drinking soda during that early, formative period have a much better chance of gaining acceptance and 'fitting in' during those awkward pre-teen and teenage years. So, do yourself a favor, do your child a favor. Start them on a strict regimen of sodas and other surgary carbonated beverages right now, for a lifetime of guaranteed happiness." The study was probably done by the Soda Pop Board of America along with the National Dentists association.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, things haven't changed that much, corporations are just sneakier than they used to be.

Just watched the documentary McLibel about the effects that McDonald's in particular have had on human health and the environment, although all fast food chains are guilty of the same "code of conduct". I'll never eat another hamburger that hasn't come from my own kitchen again.

Corporations have infiltrated every aspect of our lives, most notably the government. I noticed in the Iowa primary that they had a record turnout of younger voters this year. Sure hope that holds true for the rest of the election year. Only in shear numbers will we be able to get these assholes under control, I hope. Boy do I ever hope. I really am worried about the future of our kids and our grandkids.

Anonymous said...

"Laboratory tests over the last few years have proven that babies who start drinking soda during that early, formative period have a much better chance of gaining acceptance and 'fitting in' during those awkward pre-teen and teenage years."

So this explains my awkward teen years from 13-18. I guess I'll have a talk with my mother about how I was deprived in my early years.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking