Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Aretha 1, Beyonce 0

Would you make this woman mad? I wouldn't. Apparently something that Beyonce said the other night at the Grammys did not play well with Ms. Franklin. When stepping to the podium, Beyonce said something about the many women who have come before her. Like Aretha Franklin, Donna Summer, and Diana Ross (among others). Beyonce went on to say that the real queen was Tina Turner. According to witnesses, you could Aretha's arteries snap out loud. Backstage, Aretha was reported to have said she didn't know whose toes she stepped on but if she heard Beyonce talk like that again she would stick her between two slices of bread, slather her up with ketchup and eat her, too.

2 comments:

Brian Holland said...

With all due respect to Aretha, I'd take Tina Turner over her any day, musically. Yes, Aretha's a legend and all, but I've always thought she was overrated, and her insistence on being called "queen" reminds me of how the Joe DiMaggio insisted on being announced as "the greatest living ballplayer" at all his public appearances. Sure smacks of arrogance to me...

By the way, from what I hear, Beyonce couldn't even keep up with Tina during their performance the other night at the Shammies.

rusheddoc said...

Lucky for Beyonce, I think Aretha has to control her intake of sweets - doctor's orders.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking