Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday After Thursday


There is truly something in the air here. I went to Ken Yost's service and the Post Office this afternoon and something is hanging over my town, we all try to think we know what it is. It might have been the day which started dreary and got worse. I know the sharpness in our step has temporarily disappeared. I saw people at the post office, I knew what they were thinking, they knew what I was thinking but can't bare to say anything to each other. And it rained ice. There were over a thousand at his service today. The streets were blocked off for blocks all around. There will be thousands more this week still wondering what the hell happened? Ken Yost today, Micheal Lynch tomorrow in my church and on and on and on. One of our friends was seated between the two who were killed. His boy told of his dad coming home that night, covered in blood. I don't think he's stopped shaking yet. I'm not sure I have. I don't think any of us has.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking