Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nothingness

I saw Jesus Christ Superstar last weekend. With Ted Nelly as Jesus as Corey Glover (of Living Colour) as Judas. It may have been one of the best live touring acts I have ever seen. I knew everyword and it was very well done.
I got to thinking about Corey tonight on my way home. A Living Colour song has been in my head for a week now, it goes like this...

Well like a descendant,
I drifted far, far and wide
Isolation, separation, no where to hide
Maybe there's somewhere I can go
Where there's sunshine and the wind won't blow
Nothingness
All I have to feel is my lonliness
Nothing in the attic 'cept an empty chest
And nothing lasts forever

Although there are many,
I look for no one, no one but me
I search for things that are taking me high and far out of reach
But this is the place I call my home
I live with the lies and the fear all alone
Nothingness
All I have to feel is my lonliness
Nothing in the attic 'cept an empty chest
And nothing lasts forever

Nothingness
All I have to feel is my lonliness
Nothing in the attic 'cept an empty chest
And nothing lasts forever
Nothingness.....

2 comments:

rusheddoc said...

Corey's always had a great voice. Vernon's guitar playing has always been underrated by the rock community, IMHO. Nice video.

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, I drove from STL to Chicago with a buddy for the sole purpose of seeing Living Colour's reunion show at the Metro...they are every bit as good a live band as I have ever seen. Corey put out a solo album called "Hymns" after LC's demise, and it really has some pretty good soul/funk stuff on it. Worth picking up if you see it in the bargain bin...

Sean

Blog Archive

Web Tracking