Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Top 100 Continues

You know the drill, we are counting down the top 100 from back to front, I started with ZZ Top's Tres Hombres. Our last stop was Gino Vanelli's "Brother to Brother". So, up the alphabet we go, passing...



These albums cancelled each other out. If there was a "bubbling under the top 100", these would be about 101, 109, 112. My favorite was "Fair Warning", but it was only 32 minutes long. "Diver Down" would be next. "Little Guitars" is THE best VH song ever (with "Mean Streets") a close second. Third would be "Dreams". 5150 was a 180 turn for VH and it was the soundtrack to the summer of 1986. Great records all, close but no cigar.







So, away we go, past Uriah Heep; "Demons and Wizards" is another honorable mention, past "Lights Out","Force It and "Phenomenon" by UFO, landing on.....




Achtung Baby- U2

I was programing a station in Lincoln, Nebraska when this came out. I got a promotional copy from the record guy and for the next thirty days, I didn't listen to anything else. I immediately added about 6 songs to our playlist. Not long after that, my consultant's head exploded. Every song on here is an absolute treat. "One" is one here, so is "Zoo Stations" and "Even Better Than The Real Thing". To show you what I think of this CD, I downloaded every song from it to my Ipod. Very few releases meet that test. This one would probably check in at about number 68 or so.

2 comments:

karlene's mom said...

Van Halen 1984 is my true love.
However, Diver Down is good. ;-)

rusheddoc said...

AB is still my favorite U2 album, with War a close second. If you skip the introspective lyrics, the drum machines and the adroit bass lines and just focus on Evan's guitar - man can he fill out the sonic landscape - I hear the background rumbling/rhythm of "So Cruel." Most definitely best heard with headphones (so you don't miss ANYTHING). I always thought "The Fly" should have gotten more air-time.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking