Sunday, March 09, 2008

Scott Spiezio

Nice. Last year, you decide to bail on the Cardinals in the middle of the season to get help for "personal reasons". You go through "rehab", get clean and declare yourself a new man. No probs, no worries. Last years death of Josh Hancock obviously didn't get through. On the night of December 30, you and your hot wife go out on the town, drink yourself into stupor, wreck your BMW, puke in a friends house and then beat the shit out of him when he objects about it. You then hide in a closet when the cops come and you don't tell anyone about until the cops try to arrest you in spring training. Lovely. So, the Cardinals release you, and then have to pay you over two million dollars. So, let me get this straight....get drunk, wreck car, punch friend, hide from cops, make millions. What a country.
I will not frequent the ballpark at any time this year knowing that some of my money is going to him. I have had my share of demons, I have stared them down and keep staring. I have never had an entire organization's resources available. I have done it myself and the battle still rages.
This is the reason I am getting to the point where I hate most professional sports, whether you play or don't play, you get the money. Guaranteed contracts have killed baseball. This is just one shining example. Idiot.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking