Saturday, April 05, 2008

April 5th


Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
The end of the world part 134, Mariah Carey now has more number one songs than Elvis, I'm afraid I can't name one...
The Clinton's made over $109 million dollars in the last 7 years, and gave away a lot to charity. The charity was the Clinton foundation. I don't think I can take another four years of these guys. I voted for Bill twice. The drama was unending, please go away.
The Atlanta Braves have put Scott Spiezio on their roster, this is all that's wrong in sports. So, Scott will not only draw the $2 million the Cardinals owe him, but will be double dipping with The Braves, too. What a country.
Elizabeth Hasselbeck, who, somehow landed a plump role with the other hissy "View" gals, (because she was a"Survivor") has made some strange connection to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Jeffrey Dahmer and peanut butter sandwiches. Journalism circa 2008.
This pregnant guy story has made me queesy. I am not sure what to feel here, other than utter comtempt and sorriness for a person so begging for attention.
The retro MLK tributes take me back to a time, living in Rock Island and going to school in East Moline. My parents were apart (again) and being twelve, I didn't quite grasp what was happening except the country was coming apart at the seams. I feel that way again now. The oil companies get richer becuase price of gasoline is going through the roof and now, in St. Louis the water company wants a lot more money every month. Not to be outdone, our local electric outlet wants more than the $310 million pure profit they made last year. They have announced they want a 12 percent increase. My escrow payments went up $80 a month. I feel again like I did when I was twelve. I keep hanging on, but the perch is dwindling day by day.
Thank God for music and a sunny day. We have new "Indiana Jones", "Batman" and "James Bond" movies coming, something to look forward to. I have to rescue my back yard. There isn't much left of it after this winter and spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never fear, she's still second to The Beatles.....the end of the world part deux happened for me when I heard that New Kids On the Block were reuniting....and that the news of this was somehow newsworthy.

Brian Holland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Holland said...

Relax, my friend--Pariah's record is tainted because they tally record sales much differently today than back in Elvis' day, and it's far easier to hit #1 today than it was way back when. Put an asterisk next to Pariah...

As for MLK, I wonder if anyone ever pointed out U2's Bono's error in his lyric, "Early morning, April 4..." MLK's assassination took place just after 6PM on that fateful day 40 years and 1 day ago...

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is to journalism what Bill O'Reilly is to journalism, which is the equivalent to what Chevy Chase was to talk show-hosting...

Hang in there, dude--we're all still standing...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking