Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tuesday early evening




Here are a couple of things that I have learned about the game of basketball. This is not an all-inclusive list but a couple of the fundamental things that were taught to me at a very early age...never, ever say you don't take free throw shooting seriously. You're kidding, right? You don't have your team practice free throws because "it hasn't hurt us yet". Nice. Here's another one...when the opposing team is down by three points and they have the ball with the clock winding down, I would think that the first thing I do in that situation is foul the shooter. He only gets two shots. Duh. But, I'm not the genius of John Calipari. He is a much better coach than me or anyone else, just ask him. I hope the smirk has left his face because his team choked. Up by nine late and you lose? A fundamentally sound Kansas team that did NOT play their best game exposed your team, finally. I wonder how far Davidson would have gone if they hadn't played Kansas and woke them up.



Congratulations to Bill Self, who now will get millions and millions of dollars thrown his way by two different schools. When he was at OSU, his wife (who is beautiful), was a cheerleader...still waters run deep.


We are having a group of Julliard trained musicians coming in the studio Thursday night (it's music night) on KMOX. The Annie Moses Band is a group of Christian musicians that really play.

obviously


I am taking them out to dinner on Thursday night and they will be the house band for KMOX. They are touring the US by bus and one of the requests we received was to feed them if we could. We can and will. I hope that their time in St. Louis is a pleasureable experience for them

Here they are live...




I think it will be a great show. This is one of the cool parts of the job.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking