Saturday, May 31, 2008

So Long Harvey 1927-2008

I couldn't tell you what this guy has been up to in the last ten years, maybe nothing, but his stuff was so funny for so long. There were two guys that literally make me pee my pants when I was a kid. One was Red Skelton and the other was Harvey Korman. When the cast would lose it while trying to maintain their composure, you couldn't help being drawn in. He could say something unfunny and make it funny just by the way he would say it. While he spent all those years with Carol Burnett, his one movie triumph "Blazing Saddles" would cement his reputation. Damn funny.



When my mom was older she started to describe a time in her life when all those people she admired started dying off and how that made her feel. I think I 'm at that point in my life and have been for a few years now. All those people who touched my life somehow as a kid are departing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking