Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day Of The Book


This is the first day of what we call in the business "the fall book". What that means is that this is the first day of the fall ratings period. For the next three months, Arbitron will send out a number of "books" that will determine the ratings for the next sixth months. They will be sent to "random households" through out the area. It all depends on who fill out these "books". Let's face it, it's a crap shoot and where those "books" will land in the B/N area. It's the placement that decides who gets the best ratings. My stations are cocked, locked and loaded. I have three great PDs who love the business and what they do. I constantly have to reel them in, they are so full of ideas. Well, this is the time that I have waited for and I am so jazzed. We add another great young person to the staff today and she will be so valuable to us. I have taught this business from The Academy of Radio and Televison in Bettendorf during the seventies, to Park College in KC in the eighties to Broadcast Center in St. Louis from 1986 to 1998. Time to reap the harvest. We'll see if I am as smart as I think I am. "...onward, through the fog."



"Mad? Why I've always been mad..." Richard Wright
On the Ipod....from
"Like A Hurricane" by Neil Young to
"Daddy Sang Bass" by Johnny Cash to
"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
Is life good or what?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking