Friday, September 19, 2008

Natalie Cole


I heard that Natalie Cole has been hospitalized in New York for side effects of her Hepatitis C medication. As someone who knows, that is some nasty, nasty shit. It plays with your head and turns your body into something unrecognizable. For six months, I danced with the devil and sometimes, he won. One Sunday afternoon while I was home alone, the thoughts of killing myself were so strong I drove to the grocery store just so I could be around people. The medication turn syou into someone who has an extreme case of ADD. Your synapses don't synap. Parts of your brain won't connect with other parts. George Harrison died while I was on mine. I cried for three days straight. I literally lost my mind, let alone what it did to my body. My hair fell out and I had a rash from the top of my feet to just below my chest.The two drugs involved are interferon and ribovirin (sp?), and while it cured me, it almost killed me.

Natalie is in my prayers for the passage of time. She is one of the world's most beautiful women.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking