Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Down Time


I haven't blogged in a while. I am knee deep into a top secret project. It is taking a great deal of my time.

I made a presentation yesterday in Davenport and it went very well. While there, I saw my Aunt Jane again and she said no one has come to visit her since I saw her the last part of September. If that happens to me, shoot me so full of morphine that I'll be swimming in the stuff. Watch TV and eat. That's about all she does. Cryin shame.

It's budget time. I haven't done this in a while. Ought to be interesting to see what 2009 brings.

Can it be 2009? 1979 was thirty years ago? How can this be? Time marches on and slows for no one.




Here's a band you have never heard of. Fronted by Marty Balin in 1973, they released one (1) album and then disappeared. Very interesting, it sounds like a cross between Jefferson Starship and the Grateful Dead. Apparently, this was done during a drunken weekend and while Marty Balin was in between Starship stints. "Driftin" is a fine tune and the one I heard on late night radio. There are a couple more really interesting songs and done in a very laid back, relaxed atmosphere. Bodacious D. F. is the name of the one time one shot band.


How low will the stock market go and how much money will I lose in my holdings this year? I am a man of meager stature, thrifty and frugal. I do not have a car payment and I do not live beyond my means. Yet, lately, when I open my envelopes from Fidelity, The Hartford...etc, I lose money and a lot of it. That being said..where's MY bailout?


I have been a Dave Mason fan since 1970. A HUGE fan since about 1972. This new album of his sounds refreshed and Dave actually hungry to break new ground. There are songs on this release that sound nothing like him . There is one kinda weird song about him falling in love with a very young girl and there is one that sounds like Justin Timberlake could have recorded it. I am not sure whether that is a good thing or not. Dave sounds different and at this stage of his career, that may not be a bad thing. A FULL review will follow this weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking