Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hidden gem

While driving back from B/N last night, I took some oldie but goodie CDs with me, one being John Cougar Mellencamp's "Nothing Matters and What if it Did". My heart stopped when this song came on. It hit me like a bullet from another time and dimension. I had forgotten the power it once held over me and I was transported back to 1981 when I went throught this exact situation with a woman. I still think of her.

The truth shall set you free.



You were NEVER better than this song, John.

Sorry about the weirdness in the video, it was the only "youtube" video of the song.

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

Oddly enough, "Ain't Even Done With The Night" is one of the few John Cougar Summercamp songs that I actually like. "Piss On--er uh--Rain On The Scarecrow" being the other.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking