Saturday, March 21, 2009

Boycott Peppermint Pattys


Last month Hershey closed it's American Peppermint Patty plant and shipped those 300 jobs off to Mexico. Teamster's President Jimmy Hoffa said..."That plant stood for decades in Reading, providing countless families with good wages and job security. Members of this community helped build that company and this is how they are repaid. Hershey's actions are unconscionable in this economic climate. Pennsylvania lost nearly 60,000 jobs in the last quarter of 2008 and the estimate for the month was well over 30,000 jobs lost. When are we going to tell companies like Hershey that enough is enough?"

Well said, when indeed? I know that I am only one voice but every once in a while , in the grocery check out line, I would indeed treat myself to that luscious cream filled delight.

No more. I will never eat a Peppermint Patty again and I am almost of a mind to boycott Hershey's altogether. Their new advertsining campaign (which has been all over the basketball tournament) is very well done. But, now, I'm done. No more Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, nothing. Hey, I might save a few pounds in the meantime.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking