Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday Night Coming Down

Under the heading of "a picture is worth a thousand words"..we'll title this one "Goodbye".


God bless them all and their families.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's the night before the first day of school, no sleep for me. I start in the old five day on air mode tomorrow. I could never sleep before the first day of school and I won't be getting much tonight. Springfield is a very cool town. People seem to be very nice and very real. Not much guessing or pretentiousness here. I haven't actually done a five day a week show since Nashville. Before then, it was 2004. It'll be like a bike. A bit shaky at first but then gaining speed and momentum.
We'll have some new folk on here tomorrow, so I may clean up the place a bit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Woke up at 6:30 this morning to read at at church at 7:30. I love it when I read for that service. Crispness in the air, the day is fresh and clean. The service is basically older. After I read and during the "give your neighbor a sign of peace" part, two older women told me how much they enjoyed me reading. God didn't give me many talents but I constantly thank him for the one due south of my mouth.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Every once in a while, I'll hear a TV theme that will conjure up great memories from days long ago. Tonight, three examples of that on WGN TV. First, "WKRP in Cincinnati", then "Newhart" (the one from the late eighties) and to top at off was "The Honeymooners" theme with that great voice guy.







"If it didn't mean anything, you wouldn't be nervous." coach Truman Smith 1971

Tomorrow 5pm-6pm www.ksgf.com
Any and all good karma is appreciated and acknowledged.

1 comment:

Sara with an H said...

So you're back on the air? That's where you belong. Love your "prep" :o) I used to watch WKRP with my dad and Newhart had the best series finale ever. It was all a dream.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking